This innovative full-time course develops students' skills in promoting the independence, health and wellbeing of individuals, families and groups of people, who may be disabled or in various forms of ill health.
The course also covers the theory and practice of health and social care, business considerations in the health industry, social policy and community development work.
Students who acquire this qualification can seek employment in the care industry: a booming industry with substantial government funding and support.
– Communicating in Health & Social Care Organisations
– Principles of Health & Social Care Practice
– Health and Safety in the Health & Social Care Workplace
– Personal and Professional Development in Health & Social Care
– Working in Partnership in Health & Social Care
– Research Project
– Managing Human Resources in Health & Social Care
– Managing Financial Resources in Health & Social Care
– Supporting Significant Life Events
– Health Promotion
– Social Policy
– Facilitating Change in Health & Social Care
– Psychology for Health & Social Care
– Community Development Work
– Contemporary Issues in Health & Social Care
– Managing Quality in Health & Social Care
|A combination of assignments, case study reviews and planning exercises.|
|Must be at least 18 years of age.A/AS level, or overseas equivalent (e.g. 12 years Education) Or Other UK Level 3 qualifications|
21 and over: GCSE (or overseas equivalent) with minimum of 2 years suitable work experience. However academic requirements can be offset by longer periods of relevant work experience.
Minimum English Language Proficiency B1 (IELTS or equivalent 4.0 in all parts of the exams.