- Unit Description
This ABI College Human Resource Management Assignment is given in ABI (Academic- Business- Innovation) College for the course of HND diploma in Business
Learning Outcomes and assessment criteria
You are required to give answers to all of the below:
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit a learner will: Assessment criteria for passThe learner can: LO1 Understand the difference between personnel management and human resource management 1.1 distinguish between personnel management and human resource management1.2 assess the function of the human resource management in contributing to organisational purposes1.3 evaluate the role and responsibilities of the line managers in human resource management
1.4 analyse the impact of the legal and regulatory
LO2 Understand how to recruit employees 2.1 analyse the reasons for human resource planning in organisations2.2 outline the stages involved in planning human resource requirements2.3 compare the recruitment and selection process in two organisations
2.4 evaluate the effectiveness of the recruitment and selection techniques in two organisations
LO3 Understand how to reward employees in order to motivate and retain them 3.1 assess the link between motivational theory and reward3.2 evalauate the process of job evaluation and other factors determining pay3.3 assess the effectiveness of reward systems in different contexts
3.4 examine the methods organisations use to monitor employee performance
LO4 Know the mechanisms for the cessation of employment 4.1 identify the reasons for cessation of employment with an organisation4.2 describe the employment exit procedures used by two organisations4.3 consider the impact of the legal and regulatory framework on employment cessation arrangements.
- What is the distinction between “personnel management” and “human resource management”? Your answer should also discuss on historical development and changing context in which they operate. (1.1)
- Examine and assess the role, tasks and activities of a human resource practitioner”. (1.2)
- Give an evaluation of the role and responsibilities of line managers. (1.3)
- Analyse the impact of the legal and regulatory framework on human resource management. (1.4)
- Give an analysis of the reasons for Human Resource Planning (HRP) (2.1). Your answer should address the information needed for such planning and stages involved in the HRP. (2.2)
- Take two organisations as examples and compare their structured recruitment process. (2.3).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the recruitment and selection techniques in two organisations selected from the last question. (2.4)
- Assess the link between motivational theory and reward. Use two theories to support your assessment. (3.1)
- Evaluate the process of job evaluation and other factors determining pay. (3.2)
- Assess the effectiveness of reward systems in different contexts. Use two different working environments, such as manufacturing industries and a Software Development company to illustrate the possible differences in the structure of reward systems used.(3.3)
- Examine the methods organisations use to monitor employee performance. (3.4)
- Identify the reasons for cessation of employment with an organisation. (4.1)
- Look at two organisations and describe their exit procedures comparing both to best practice? (Exit procedure include; management of exit, termination of employment and tribunals). (4.2)
- Consider the impact of the legal and regulatory framework on employment cessation arrangements. (4.3)
- Unit Solution – ABI College Human Resource Management Assignment
LO 1 Understand the difference between personnel management and Human Resources Management
1.3 Evaluate the role and responsibilities of line managers in Human resource management
Line managers are those who have the responsibility for managing the people and the teams in the organizations and then they have to inform the higher level of management about the performance of the employees under him/ her. He makes sure that the employees under him are fully trained and developed and are contributing to the success of an organisation.
The Line managers play a very important role in the Human Resource management. Some of the roles and responsibilities of a Line manager I the organisation are handling all the tasks of an Human Resource manager like taking interview of candidates, giving training to the employees or handling the regulations and grievances of the employees, Managing the problems which are faced by the employees, identifying the solutions which can control the performance of the employees and also setting up the standards for measuring the performance of the staff according to the standards.
The Line managers have the responsibility of planning the objectives for the work so that the work could be done in the right direction for achieving the objectives. They also have to manage the finances and the resources which are to be used for the purpose of effective production by the business and to achieve the set goals and targets. The budgets are required to be made and it is the responsibility of the Line manager to make the optimum use of the resources.
The Line managers have the responsibility to treat all the employees equally with fair respect and an environment should be created in which every employee can participate and develop themselves. A line manager should be a strong leader who can motivate his team and make efforts to develop them. Providing a right direction to the employees is one of the main tasks and the proper communication is needed for this purpose. Regular meeting and discussions should be held in which the activities, plans and problems can be discussed which can be used for the future progress of the organisation. Clear guidance to the team will lead to the better quality of the work by the team and the standards will be met.
A Line manager should know how to deal with the poor performance of the employees and what approaches should be used to improve the performances. He is responsible for maintaining the discipline in the work and all the employees should respect each other. Another role of the in Manger is to prepare the description of the job and to recruit new employees by conducting interviews and other recruitment and selection processes. It is also required to train new staff for the purpose of improving efficiency and to make them aware of the situations of the organisation. A line manager is required to be a role model for his group of employees.
There are some business organizations which do not have any Human Resources manager so in that case the line managers carry the responsibilities of an HR and take care of all the activities which are required to be fulfilled by an HR.
Get Assignment help for this assignment at email@example.com