Assessment item 2
Board Report: Corporate Communication Plan
Length: 2,500 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Get Assignment help with email@example.com
You have recently been promoted into the role of head of communications for a publically listed company. Your first assignment in the role is to develop a communication plan for the launch of an innovative car by Toyota Motor Group.
The board of directors have requested that you prepare a report which outlines the framework of your proposed communication plan by:
- identifying relevant stakeholders (including internal and external stakeholders, as well as across cultures);
- determining the objective and the scope of communication plan for the launch of the car;
- determining Toyota's various formal and informal communication channels (including the advantages and disadvantages of each channel);
- providing commentary about how you will critically evaluate the effectiveness of your communications plan.
- ensure that the discussion extends beyond theoretical concepts
The report is to be 2,500 words in length and presented in a standard business report format comprising the following:
- Executive summary
- Table of contents
- APA referencing
Covering material from topic 1 - 6, this assessment is designed to develop your ability to articulate an argument within a report style format.
More specifically it seeks to assess your understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- 1. Be able to use communication skills to inform, instruct and persuade
- 2. Be able to explain and critically evaluate communication standards and conventions in business
- 3. Be able to explain the complexity of communication across cultures, within teams, and in the management of people
- 4. Be able to identify and apply an ethical framework for business communication
- 6. Be able to identify and critically evaluate formal and informal communication channels in organisations