Question 1 [3 marks]:
Define and explain the following terminologies:
- Business intelligence (BI);
- IT Agility;
- SWOT analysis;
- Strategic planning;
- Enterprise architecture;
- Management information systems;
- MIS and DSS;
- Cloud infrastructure;
- Data and text mining;
- Big data.
Question 2 [1 mark]:
Suggest a list of information technology (IT) Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and outline the advantages and disadvantages associated with IT KPI.
Question 3 [1 mark]:
What is SaaS and outline its benefit and disadvantages. Explain your answer.
Question 4 [5 marks]:
Study "Cloud Pro Leverages iPad’s touch: Benefits Start-Ups" in your text book [Chapter 2, IT at Work 2.4] and answer the following questions:
- Consider this statement: Cloud computing is about the flexible delivery of services at the point of need. Explain how Cloud Pro offers flexible delivery of network management (the service). Explain how it offers that service to network admins at the point of need (e.g., while on vacation or away from the office).
- Discuss one benefit and one disadvantage of Cloud Pro for network admins.
- Search and view a video demo of Rackspace’s Cloud Pro for the iPad. Does the app have amazing features, as Mike Mayo described?
Question 5 [5 marks]:
Study "Are There Places Not to Use Analytics?" in your text book [Chapter 3, IT at Work 3.3] and answer the following questions:
- In your opinion, who might benefit from Seed and what are those benefits?
- To what extent, if any, do you agree about the concern for reporting integrity?
- To what extent, if any, do you agree about the concern for reporting quality?
- Do you detect other new media organizations following a similar strategy to attract readers—and remain in business? Identify those organizations and their similarity to AOL’s use of Seed.
- be able to describe the business value and processes of ICT services in an organisation and understand the knowledge and skills of an enterprise architect in the workplace;
- be able to investigate, analyse and evaluate the impact of new and current ICT services to an organisation;
- be able to understand that effective IT Infrastructure Management requires strategic planning with alignment from both the IT and business perspectives in an organisation;
- be able to demonstrate the technical and communications skills that contribute to ICT governance in an organisation;
- be able to synthesise the key theoretical concepts with the technical and management issues in delivering ICT services to an organisation.
|FL (<49%)||PS (50% - 64%)||CR (65% - 74%)||DI (75% - 84%)||HD (>84%)|
|Q1||Major omissions in the explanation and Unsubstantiated/ invalid conclusions.||The answer is correct but not complete and adequate explanation is not fully provided. No references are used. There are grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.||The answer is correct, but the explanation is not complete. Very few references are used and not formatted appropriately.||Answer is correct and a detailed explanation is provided. References are used. No or only a few grammatical or spelling mistakes.||Answer is correct, and complete. Comprehensive explanation is provided with appropriate example. Appropriate reference style is used. No grammatical or spelling mistake.|
|Q2 & 3||Major omissions in the description of the advantages and disadvantages of KPI / SaaS.||The answer is correct, but the explanation is not complete; showing a lack of understanding of KPI / SaaS.||The answer is correct, but the explanation is not complete.||A comprehensive description of the advantages and disadvantages of KPI / SaaS are provided.||A comprehensive description of the advantages and disadvantages of KPI / SaaS are provided. Demonstrated an in-depth understanding of KPI / SaaS.|
|Q4 – Q 5||Major misunderstanding of the issues outlined.||The answer for the issues outlined is correct, but the explanation is incomplete.||Answer is correct, and complete.||Answer is correct, and complete. Comprehensive explanation is provided with appropriate examples.||Be able to show a perfect understanding of the technical issues outlined.|