Project Paper

Project Paper

Research report on
Future Market prospects of Asian paints in Bangladesh
B.B.A Dissertation
Supervised by
Mr. Sajeeb Saha
Lecturer, Department of Business Administration
IBAIS UNIVERSITY
Submitted by
Sk Md Alauddin
Student ID: =2001070807
A dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment
Of the requirements of the degree
of
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
(Marketing)
OF
IBAIS UNIVERSITY
Dhaka,Bangladesh
Submitted date 28.02.2010
CERTIFICATE OF THE SUPERVISOR
This to certify that the Internship report on “FUTURE MARKET PROSPECT OF ASIAN PAINTS IN BANGALDESH LTD” is done by Sk Md Alauddin as partial fulfillment of requirement of “Bachelor of Business Administration” degree from “IBAIS University” The thesis has been carried out under my guidance and is a record of the bonfire work carried out successfully
Signature: ……………………….
Supervisor’s Full Name Mr. Sajeeb Saha
Date:…………… …………………….
Faculty/School: Business Administration
DECLARATION
I hereby do solemnly declare that the work resented in this dissertation project/thesis has been carried out by me and has not been previously submitted to any other University / College / Organization for an academic qualification / certificate / diploma or degree.
This work I have presented dose breach any copyright.
I further undertake to indemnify the University against any loss or damage arising from Breach of the foregoing obligations.
Signature: ……………………….
Student’s full name: Sk . Md. Alauddin
Date: ………………………
Faculty/School Business Administration
Date:
To
Mr. Sajeeb Saha
Lecturer
Department of Business Administration
IBAIS University
Dhaka
Subject: Letter of Transmitted,
Dear Sir,
Most respectfully, I want to state that I Sk. Md. Alauddin student of B.B.A (evening) ID NO: 2001070807, IBAIS university. I have completed my final semester exam. As a part of our course plan. We have performed a thesis report on organization. As its consequence, I have complete my project paper on” FUTURE MARKET PROSPECT OF ASIAN PAINTS IN BANGLADESH”LTD,
So, therefore I want to submit my report on “FUTE MARKET PROSPECT OF ASIAN PAINTS”IN BANGLADESH”LTD, I am also grateful to you for your co-operation and the guidelines you gave me about the preparation of the report.
Yours obediently
Sk, Md, Alauddin
B,B,A(evening)
ID-2001070807
IBAIS University
Acknowledgemen
First of all I would like to express my thanks to my Instructor Mr., Sajeeb Saha who has making of final report he followed up my guided me in the most appropriate and efficient” way. From preparation of proposal to activities and writings very carefully and suggested different aspects to modify. With his sincere guidance I have tried to make the report fruitful as far as possible.
I am grateful to the department of management studies because this assignment has facilitated me to have some practical knowledge on a company’s decision-making regarding market practices and its potential impacts.
I like to acknowledge the heartfelt cooperation of Md. Iftteqar alom.. Deputy Manager of Asian paints and saha Tafimul Islam. GM of firm, they have provided me different crucial information and technical data that has facilitated me in preparation of the report
Thanks must go to the respondents who have listed to me with attention and provided information needed for my study.
………………….
(Sk.Md.Alaudin)
Abstract
Marketing is a very important course for any business related student. Field of Marketing is also very wide. it includes different aspects. Which are essential to study or a business related people to reflect the learning into his or her practical job field. I have conducted my survey on marketing to prepare a report on the survey as part of the Internship. I have worked on FUTURE MARKET PROSPECT’S OF ASIAN PAINTS IN BANGLADESH,
Asian paints is sister concern of Asian Group which is one of the largest groups in Bangladesh. Operation of Asian paints is not so long in paint market compared with its major competitors. Though market growth of the organization was very slow in first three years, it has been enriching the share rapidly from the last five years. Proper marketing to explore these reasons to enhance my knowledge on different marketing aspects that the organization is exercising to compete with the market leader in paint market.
I am hopeful that the report would meet the expectation of my instructor.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER=ONE
Page
1.1 Background of the study 01
1.2 Origin of the Report 02
1.3 Statement of the Problem 02
1.4 Scope of the Study 02
1.5 Limitations of the Study 03
1.6 Objectives of the Study 04
1.7 Methodology 05
CHAPTER TWO: ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW
2.1 Historical Background of Asian Paints 08
2.2 Company Profile 09
2.3 Organization Structure 12
CHAPTERTHERR: MARKETING RELATED ISSUES
3.1 Market Segmentation 13
3.2 Channel of Distribution 15
3.2 .1 Dealer Sector 15
3.2.2 Corporate Sector 16
3.3 Marketing Mix Strategies 17
3.3.1 Product 17
3.3.2 Place 18
3.3.3 Price 20
3.3.4 Promotion 26
3.4 SWOT Analysis 26
3.4.1 Strengths 28
3.4.2 Weaknesses 28
3.4.3 Opportunities 29
3.4.4 Threats 31
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Page
3.5 Consumer Analysis 31
3.5.1 Target Consumers 32
3.5.2 Consumers Expectations 32
3.5.3 Buying role 32
3.5.4 Buying Role 34
3.5.5 Buyers’ buying decision process 34
3.6 Market share Analysis 36
3.7 Credit Management 38
3.7.1 Credit Policy for Wholesalers and Retailers 38
3.7.2 Credit Policy for Corporate buyers 48
3.7.3 Recovery of old dues 39
CHAPTER FOURE: ANANLYSIS AND INERPRETATION OF DATA
4.1 Analysis and Interpretation of data regarding Dealers 39
4.2 Analysis and Interpretation of data regarding Painters 48
4.3 Analysis and Interpretation of data regarding House owners 55
4.4 Analysis and Interpretation of data regarding
REAL STATE DEVELOPER 60
4.5 Overall analysis and interpretation of data 66
CHAPTER FIVE: FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Findings 72
5.2 Recommendations 77
5.3 conclusion 80
Bibliography 81
Appendices 82

Comments