SCHOOL OF HOSPITALITY
DIHM –Project/Assignment for March 2015
The assignment offers candidates the opportunity to critically evaluate and discuss in depth the concepts covered in the module without the restrictions and limitations experienced during an examination. It has a secondary aim of developing independent research and study skills that candidates will require when following a further period of study or working in the industry.
To comply with the requirements of this assignment, a word count of 2,500 is required. A margin of 10% is allowed but any further deviation from this must be agreed with your tutor.
· Assignments are marked by the module lecturer
· The assignment(s) must be sent to the academic coordinator within 3 months after the assignment question given to the student.
· Students may wish to submit their assignments earlier or submit the assignments to the academic coordinator by the designated time.
· All assignments must be accompanied by a marking sheet completed by the tutorgiving feedback on the candidate’s performance.
Guidelines for submitting the assignment
· Candidates must submit one hard copy and one electronic copy, (CD or pen drive) to the school.
· The Font should be Times New Roman, size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
· The front cover of the assignment must include thecandidate’s full name, the title of the assignment and their student number.
Please be informed that this is the project that you need to submit in order for you to graduate or complete your diploma requirement. Hence, you are given three months from 11th March 2015, which means your assignment should reach us by the 11thJune 2015, school will not entertain any late submission. Please be reminded that your assignment must follow all the assignment guidelines mentioned above.
The commodities used in a food and beverage operation are clearly very important as they will affect the finished product. Describe the ways in whichfoodstuffs are treated to ensure they are received in excellent condition. Use examples to help explain your answer.